Nursing home abuse and neglect can take many different forms and any injuries the elderly person suffers as a consequence of abuse or negligence at the hands of the nursing home and is punishable by law to protect the elderly.
There are some common signs of nursing home abuse that can occur in nursing care facilities:
- Bed sores, or ulcers that occur on the elderly resident in the nursing home.
- Any type of a broken or fractured bone sustained by a senior citizen when in the charge of a nursing home facility employee.
- The elderly nursing home patient that sustains a severe injury that requires hospital or emergency care.
- The excessive use of restraints or injuries that are sustained due to too much force.
- Over sedating elderly patients, which can cause confusion, disorientation and restlessness.
- Medical malpractice involving the wrong medications or wrong treatment, the lack of health monitoring and deterioration of health or the inappropriate use of machines and equipment in treating the elderly patient.
- The elderly resident that has relapses of certain medical conditions or that is frequently ill due to the lack of care or an unsuitable environment.
- Broken or fractured bones that are sustained while in the care of a nursing home staff member.
- An elderly patient suffering from an injury or sexual assault due to another elderly patient due to the lack of supervision is nursing home negligence.
Contacting the Nursing Home Abuse and Negligence Attorney
When a loved one is a resident of facility and there is reason to believe they are a victim of caregiver negligence the lawyers of Ehline Law are there to provide accurate advice according to the laws that protect the elderly. The experienced attorneys can be reached at 888-400-9721.